Tuesday, January 31, 2023

2023 Quest Calendar 13: Putting on the Brakes

   Today I am Feeling: Excited and Energized    
Truceday, Nebulis 31

Reaching the far side of the comet, Brokvar and I began to set up the equipment we'd been sent out to set up. He asked me what I knew about astrophysics. I laughed, but he kept staring at me, so I guess it wasn't supposed to be a joke.

I looked at the "brakes" that we had, and I figured out that they are pretty much just rockets that push against the way the comet is otherwise going to stop it and/or to have it go the way we want it to go. I told Brokvar this and then we worked together to guide and build the brake. I got so excited about the progress that we were making that as we moved from building the hardware, I just went right into configuring the equipment and getting it to connect to our ship, the Karnak.

When I realized I'd taken over, I was worried that Brokvar would be upset about me doing everything, but when I looked back at him, he told me that I'd gotten the equipment connected in record time, and that he was impressed with my skill. He probably says that to everyone who goes through the experience, but it still felt good all the same.




Links


2023 Quest Calendar: https://www.sundialgames.com/2023

No comments:

Post a Comment