Friday, January 27, 2023

2023 Quest Calendar 10: Ouch!

Today I am Feeling: Angry
Fruitsday, Nebulis 27

What the hell is going on? Brokvar went through the airlock out into "space." I'm hoping it's just a big anti-grav room that's painted to look like space, but it is really convincing. 

It would have been really cool and inspiring and all those other adjectives, except for the fact that I was immediately off balance and sick. I'm sure lots of people get space sick, so I can't really fault the tour company for that. But I asked to go back and Brokvar insisted I keep going, stressing the importance of the mission.

The mission? It's just a fake experience. If one of your customers isn't having a good time, you let them go. That's just good business sense.

As I was climbing across the rope toward the comet, the supplies slipped out of my hand. I reached out to grab them, but in my dizzy and nauseous state, I ended up letting go of the rope to the comet. My safety cord caught me and kept me from going off into space (or falling to the far down ground of the anti-grav chamber.) But it catching me HURT. A lot. I almost threw up in my helmet (I know that Brokvar had joked that Ascel had thrown up in his (which might be the same one as mine) previously, but I never thought it was a real risk. 

I feel like all I ever did since getting on this cruise was get hurt. I am tired of it. Next spaceport we get to, I'm going to try to get off this ship and find other transportation. Hopefully they'll refund my ticket. They better, or I'll pursue legal action against them. That'll teach them to have such an unsafe and painful trip.

Although...I guess I should look back at the paperwork and make sure I didn't sign any sort of waiver before I start trying to go for legal action.
 



Links


2023 Quest Calendar: https://www.sundialgames.com/2023

No comments:

Post a Comment