Wednesday, January 25, 2023

2023 Quest Calendar 8: Comet Catchers

 

Windsday, Nebulis 25

We closed in on the comet and prepared the ships weapon systems to launch grappling hooks at it. Naylee let me man the guns, presumably because I'm the passenger who is paying for the experience and this is part of the experience. 

Although, it makes me wonder where all the other passengers are. Maybe meeting the crew is on a rotation thing and so other people are meeting other crew members that i've already met or have yet to meet. Or maybe we're going to pick up new passengers at our next stop. I don't know, I just figured the halls would be more crowded. I also figured the halls would be larger to better accommodate crowds of tourists, so I guess I was wrong on both accounts.

Regardless, the comet catching mini-game like experience was pretty fun! I got to fly the ship in close to the comet. I wasn't particularly good at this, but it was neat to get to work the controls. I fired the first grappling hook at the comet, and I could
feel the ship jerked forward suddenly. I think it's not just the windows on the bridge that are part of the experience, I think the whole room is like a motion simulator in order to give that feel.

Naylee said that with the ship jerking like that it would have taken some damage, but that the shield probably absorbed it.

Today I am Feeling: Happy

I fired the second grappling hook. It latched onto the comet, but we suffered a greater impact than the first time. Naylee informed me that the weapons had been slightly damaged from this, but that they should be okay for now and the hooks should still hold the comet. I wonder if the damage to the weapons would be accounted for in future parts of the experience. How fun! 

I know it took a little while, but I'm really starting to enjoy and get into this experience. I've still got some safety concerns, but at least I'm having more fun.
 



Links


2023 Quest Calendar: https://www.sundialgames.com/2023

No comments:

Post a Comment