Wednesday, February 1, 2023

2023 Quest Calendar 14: The Fall

Windsday, Hydronis 1

Brokvar and I began to head back across the comet to the ship when an earthquake shook the ground beneath us. We tried to take off running, but the ground still collapsed into some sort of cave chamber below. 

As I was falling, I tried to twist in the air so that I'd land on the ground softly, but I was hardly able to prepare myself enough and my legs buckled underneath me as I hit the ground.

Today I am Feeling: Upset, Injured, and
ready to rest back on the ship.
That didn't seem very safe at all for a tourist experience! I looked up and couldn't see any sort of automated or mechanical structure working the entry into the cave. Besides that, the rocks that had fallen with me and Brokvar seemed to legitimately have broken, so it wasn't a trick they'd be able to pull more than once without a lot more rock. Besides that, Brokvar seemed legitimately shaken up.

Had the collapse been real instead of a part of the experience? The fact that there was a cave down here of stone, and that the top layer of the comet wasn't just a façade, gives me pause. Is this a real comet, and not just a set they made up and had full control of?

That seems like a very unsound path for a tourist company.




Links


2023 Quest Calendar: https://www.sundialgames.com/2023

No comments:

Post a Comment