Wednesday, January 18, 2023

2023 Quest Calendar 2: All Aboard

Today I am feeling: Excited but nervous

Windsday, Nebulis 18

Apparently the cruise I signed up for is one of those 'immersive live-action interactive experience' type deals. You know, where everyone wears costumes and you're supposed to pretend to be a part of the story. I did a murder mystery dinner thing once, but that was like a few hours. This is an extended cruise! Seems almost crazy that they'd plan one of these to go on this long. But I'm not complaining.

I don't remember scheduling one of these themed cruises when I signed on, but apparently that's what it was. Maybe that was just in the fine print. You'd think it would have been a bigger part of the advertising.

I dunno. It's exciting, but also seems like it could be kind of weird and tiring over time. Hopefully they have some time for resting out of character and stuff.

I will say, this experience is very convincing! It seems like we're supposed to be part of the crew of a for-hire mercenary/smuggler type ship called the Karnak. The place seems pretty cramped, I'm sure for realism purposes. And the dirt, rust, and grime seems so incredibly realistic! But I'm sure it's all just painted on and completely hygienic! 

I was personally welcomed onto the ship today by the captain, Captain Cayless. She gave the impression of being strict and commanding, but also said things like "we have fun here" to put potential customers like myself at ease. After all, if the situation was too harsh or realistic, it wouldn't be a fun piece of entertainment.

She ended her spiel by asking me to tell her about myself, so I made up a story about being an ace pilot and a crack shot with a laser pistol. Seems like a fun character to play.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out!



Links


2023 Quest Calendar: https://www.sundialgames.com/2023

No comments:

Post a Comment