Monday, September 25, 2017

Volos: An Offer of Help

I was talking to Gilthk the diruk when the woman known as Cherub approached me. “Iadace Volos, you’re getting the diruk to help in studying the Trilling Shard or maybe to help defend against the margr? I can help you out, no worries, you’ve got nothing to worry about us Ring of Deva at all. I’ve heard you’re the reserved type so I’ll just get to the point: We were ran out of our own village because an artifact we found mutated us. Since then we took some jobs to earn some shins and shelter while disguising our mutations with a special device I made. Unfortunately it broke at some point so we had to make use of disguise kits but here in Ellomyr, we don’t have to hide as much since there’s plenty of people here helping out who just don’t happen to conform to the human from. I see you have a hard time trusting people but right now, there are margr coming to kill us all. There’s nothing complicated about that at all and I’m pretty sure everyone’s too busy thinking of ways to save each other from the margr than they do on hurting each other. Can’t you see everyone trying to find a way to save Ellomyr, how my sister is asking Rihanur to better use the device against the margr? There’s still plenty of time so I can actually help you with anything you need, so long as it involves helping people and not hurting them.” Cherub smiled sweetly as she waited for a reply.


"Of course," I answered to Cherub's offer of help. It wasn't my shard or even my city, after all. "Like Rihanur, I also am trying to look at the Shard to see if it can be used against the margr. I think that this is one of many ways of trying to defend the city. I think there are plenty of other secrets within the area-who knows what among them might be able to be turned against the invading abhumans? I hope that some of this can be worked out." To the end of me solving my puzzles, I thought to myself. "It seems that you have skilled nanos with you. It makes sense to pool our efforts, to share what we can figure out and to utilize our command over the nanotech as a unified force. I am happy to have your help, and to offer my own."


Previous Entry: Helping Hands


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/numenera-2-discovery-and-destiny/comments

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for replying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to do so! I'm excited about the ability to crossover! Hopefully we can figure out some things about Ellomyr to have interesting results!

      Delete
  2. When's your next post? I forgot to add the #numenera2 in both Cherub's reply to you and also Lamia's assistance with Rihanur. Is it important?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally caught up with reading all your recent Volos posts, Doug! (Sorry, I have been slacking on blogging and reading others'.) But sounds like it's been going well, and that's very cool about doing a crossover!

    ReplyDelete