Sunday, September 24, 2017

Volos: Helping Hands

It appears that I wasn't the only one who wanted to see if there were defensive capabilities of the Trilling Shard.

Rihanur, an extraterrestrial who wears some sort of mechanical armor, has already begun work on this same effort. I have offered to work with him in his efforts, hoping that we might pool together our power and knowledge. My knowledge extends to planes parallel to our own, but he may have knowledge of other planets and places far away within our own dimension. Rihanur has already attempted to climb the Shard, and is working on mechanical devices by which to access its inner power. This could prove valuable.


Erizel Lezire says that she is from another realm-from what I've seen of her, I believe her. She brings great knowledge to attempts to unlock the Shard's potential, not just for the use against the abhumans, but possibly many other uses as well. She may prove useful in solving the mysteries that brought me here-once her attention is less focused on the issue of the invasion.

A man named FaĆ«l has offered support and oversight in the efforts, but I do not yet know much more about him.

A group of nanos, apparently under the guidance of two women named Lamia and Cherub, have offered some help as well. They study the shard and try to find deeper secrets.

Together, I am convinced that any powers the Shard holds will be unlocked.

The diruk that I met earlier was named Gilthk. Like most diruk, he is hard to get a read on. However, he seems determined to help the city, and there is much to do that someone of his nature could help with.

There was a group of even stranger strangers who have arrived in town to offer help as well. With them is a woman who breathes fire who has been organizing the development of a numenera-powered defense tower that will shoot lightning down on foes. I believe that my handle of the numenera could be helpful with the construction of this device, but I admit I am hesitant to offer my support.

Who are these strangers? Why are they helping a nowhere town like Ellomyr? I am anxious about their arrival. I worry they may be after me, or, worse, the same secrets that I seek near here. It is possible that they are even Convergence agents who are acting to their own selfish goals. Perhaps, after building the tower, they will turn it on the town, destroy the populace, and then search for the secrets themselves.

I do not know, but I hesitate to introduce myself for fear that they might recognize me. I do not trust people who offer help for no reason.

Previous Post: Better Defenses
Next Post: An Offer of Help


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/numenera-2-discovery-and-destiny/posts/1996614 

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! You mentioned my Ring members Cherub and Lamia, so I'm
    hoping if we can do some crosspost, like how we cooperate in
    using the shard for defending against the margr. Interested?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interested! Let me know what you have in mind!

      Delete
    2. Cherub is asking Volos how she can help him out in the Kickstarter comments section, I'm hoping for your (Volos's) reply.

      Delete