Friday, January 28, 2022

Quest Calendar 9: End of the Cave

Fruitsday, Winterwary 28

My path through the maze-like tunnels brought me to an open living space. This seemed to be the homiest of the rooms that I'd encountered in this underground space. Someone lived here, or was at least camped out here. Someone who was more sentient than just a monster. Perhaps those beasts had been the pets of whomever it was that lived here.

In this room, I finally discovered what had happened to the children. They were tied up in the room, their faces twisted in fear and need. I quickly summoned one of my magical attack cards and used it to cut through the ropes that were keeping the children bound. I knew that we would need to move quickly. If someone had left these children here, then that someone would be back, probably sooner than later. I wanted to avoid coming face to face with them, at least while the children were still around.

After that, well, odds were likely that I'd have more than a few words for such an individual, and that he, she, or they wouldn't be around to kidnap more kids in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment