Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Quest Calendar 13: Gold (2 Days)

Truceday, Deadprairie 8

Waking well rested and still having some days to the festival, I decided to put myself to work and to pick up some more gold coins. I checked out the job board the previous day and took on several jobs in pursuit of funds.

I worked as a guard at the city entrance. This was tedious, but increased my funding by 5 gold. I helped to set up for the festival, which was quite tiring, but which also provided me with 5 gold. By the time that I got to the third task, helping to sell festival tickets, I was exhausted and it negatively impacted my work performance. I only ended up making 2 gold from this task. (Total 18 gold)

Windsday, Deadprairie 9

With more coin in my pocket now, I went to the market to see if there was anything worth letting go of some of these newly earned funds. The two things that stood out to me were lockpick tools and a set that included map and compass. Each cost fifteen gold, so I could not afford them both. On the one hand, I felt I would be better at picking locks, should the need arise, than I would be at traveling. So, in this way, the map and compass would give me a greater advantage where I was lacking. And it was more foreseeable that I would want to travel than it was that I would want to pick a lock.

And yet, I ended up purchasing the lockpick tools. I couldn't resist them. What did this mean about me? Was I some sort of thief, that I would be drawn to such things? Thievery didn't seem a huge jump from gambling, so it didn't seem like something that would surprise me. But it wasn't something I wanted to have be true of me. (Total 3 gold)


No comments:

Post a Comment