Monday, February 7, 2022

Quest Calendar 12: Graycliff (2 days)

Starday 5/Sunsday 6, Deadprairie

Finally having arrived in Graycliff, I decide to walk around the city to get my bearings and search for anything that might be familiar. Everywhere I looked I could see banners and posters proclaiming the festival and its festivities. It looked like the festival was going to open in a couple days, and that it would cost 3 gold to participate.

I saw a shop selling various potions, including antidotes to remove poison or health potions to restore one who has been injured. Each cost 4 gold pieces. Feeling the 9 gold that I had in my pouch, I was hesitant to purchase any potions, knowing that I would need funds for a place to stay as well as for entry to the festival, if that was something I chose to attend.

As I walked an alleyway, a beggar approached me. He was haggard and appeared as though he were suffering an illness.  

"Please!" he called out, his voice rasping with each syllable. "If you have anything to spare..."

I gave him a slight smile as I flicked a coin in his direction. "May your luck improve."

"Thank you!" he called out as I continued on my way. I didn't have much in the way coin myself, but I had more than the beggar did and I felt that with my abilities I was more likely to be able to stay on my feet than the man. I did genuinely hope that his luck would improve. I felt I knew something about how a streak of bad luck could ruin someone.

Had I suffered such a streak before? Perhaps even in this very city I had been a beggar like him. Perhaps I knew someone else who had experienced that. Either way, it felt increasingly close to my heart as I considered it.

I continued on my way and I saw a local job board where citizens and the guard would post tasks they needed performed. This could be a way for me to make some coin, but I was too tired to peruse it at this viewing. I decided to look for a place to sleep.

Moonsday, Deadprairie 7

I found an inn called the Shiny Servant. The staff there seemed friendly, and I was able to purchase a night of rest there for 2 gold (down to 6 total). It was nice to finally get a chance to be at peace. I knew I would sleep soundly this night.
 
Tychon Level 2 Character Sheet: 

No comments:

Post a Comment