Monday, November 28, 2016

Pre-Planning: Web of Wavemeet

This weekend I'm going to run a playtest adventure of the system that I've been designing, a system I'm planning on starting a campaign in during late January (more on that to follow in the future).


I've had most of the outline of the adventure done for more than a month now. I fleshed out a lot of the details a couple weeks ago. I've got everything stated out and planned as far as I can foresee things. But I'm still fairly anxious about it.


For one, the mission is a bit different than those that I normally plan. It has a mystery-element to it which I'm hoping I've been able to pull off well. I am missing one connection I'd like to have, but hopefully that's either a) unnecessary or b) something I can come up with before this weekend. I'm very excited about running a mystery, just because I haven't had much opportunity to before. In the past, it seems like whenever I plan a mystery, a group falls apart before really getting into it.


Additionally, I'm just anxious about trying my system for the first time. I have a lot of faith in my system and feel that it's been built up and designed on things I've seen work well in varying games. Still, I think there's an aspect of 'I made this thing, and I'm worried people won't like it' about it.


The adventure is called the Web of Wavemeet and focuses on a group of smugglers who arrive to sell their goods to a contact and who get caught up in the strange goings on of a port town recently beset with nightmarish monsters.

2 comments:

  1. Hope all went well! (Sounded like it did from what I heard.) I'd be interested in hearing more about your initial thoughts as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should post a review of my one shot, shouldn't I?

      There were things I liked and things I didn't. It was helpful for determining some things for prepping my future campaign.

      Delete