Thursday, November 3, 2016

NaNoWriMo Update

While it is generally my goal to update here on Monday and Thursday, I have been rather focused on writing lately and haven't come up with something to write about here today. Therefore, I've decided to give you an update on how NaNo is going for me.


I knew going into this month that I was pretty busy and that I would become busier as time went on. My day job has been slowly ramping up and will soon be occupying a lot more time. I've got a short series of adventures starting up with my regular gaming group later in the month. While these are premade, at least one of the adventures will require a lot of work to be runnable. And then there's the general chaos of social and family obligations that comes this time of year.


Therefore, I set my initial goals very high. Specifically, I wanted to try to write double the suggested word count each day. This meant trying to write about 3,333 words a day. Since I knew that there would be days that I don't get to write at all, I figured this was a good way of accounting.


Currently, I'm doing better than my goal. I've got a little over 11,000 words.


Story-wise, I have written through the third chapter of Episode 104: Flashbacks, the fourth novella of the Heroism and Other Lies series. So far I'm pretty happy with what has been written down. There have been lots of action sequences as well as some good conversations. I think that this story will really help the audience get to know our heroes a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment