Thursday, November 24, 2016

Being Thankful

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:

  1. My Wife
  2. Both our families who provide support in the good times and the difficult ones
  3. My friends, and the fact that I have people who I can share my worlds with through tabletop roleplaying games.
  4. The fact that I have both the time and the privilege that allows me to do creative work
  5. My pets, who help to keep me sane
  6. Board Games, Television, Movies, and Video Games-and living at a time when all these mediums are flourishing and filled with an overwhelming number of new ideas.
  7. Probably many other things as well.
Without saying too much, I would also like to comment, this Thanksgiving, on the irony of our current situation. As we sit down to have a meal which, according to the story, was shared by the Native Americans with the pilgrims upon their arrival to our land, there are two oddly ironic things going on. First, there is a good deal of hatred directed against immigrants, largely from people who are descended from the sorts of immigrants who were welcomed during the first thanksgiving. Second, there are currently Native Americans, like those who welcomed these people's ancestors, who are being abused and mistreated on their own land. I don't want to get into politics too much on here, but this is not right.

1 comment:

  1. I like your list. I'm sure Hope appreciated being at the top. ;) Time to develop creative outlets really is such a blessing! I find myself wanting more of that lately. And I definitely agree with your number 6 as well. :)

    Agreed about your "political" section as well, friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete