Saturday, March 21, 2020

Here we go Again: The Book of Destiny Relaunch?

So, it occurred to me recently that with everyone currently trapped inside, this might be a time to return to the Book of Destiny podcast that I had been working on once upon a time. I think that it will provide a nice opportunity for people to have a little something to do, and it's motivating me to work on this project that I believe is what I'm "supposed" to be working on.

Hopefully, if I can get the podcast going, it will spurn me on towards working more on writing in the second Book of the Universe as well. But...let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

I'm considering cross posting the content on both the podcast site that I had before and youtube (without video), but we'll see what happens.

I think something that deterred me before was all the work that it took to edit the podcast. In an effort to get it out so that people can hear it while still trapped inside, I'm currently planning on doing minimal editing. Sure, I'll still edit out long silences and I'll try to cut out places where I stumble over words. But I'm not going to go through and alter different character voices or add in sound effects as I was trying to before. Doing so a) takes too long for me to get it to people while the project is relevant and b) acts as an emotional and mental detriment to me working on or finishing the project.

And in the end, I believe it would be better to have a less-flashy product that exists, rather than one with all the bells and whistles that just stays in idea land.

Anyway, more to follow as I make progress on the idea. I hope you all will join me in the future of the books of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment